Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thursday Update.

  I haven't been idle, just busy with my work.
  When I indicated that the SAE  1000E high output moving coil phono cartridge was making me happy (it was), I didn't say that it needs about 40 hours of break in time. It sounded pretty good, with perhaps too much 'detail', but my vinyl deprived ears were ok with that at first. After a few hours they weren't ok at all, and I stopped listening for a few days. I let the next 20 hours of break-in happen unheard (playing a record with no amp), and as the 40 hours dwindle down, I'm very, very happy. All harshness is gone, leaving a beautifully balanced presentation that sounds a lot like music.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog!
I am impressed
Very nice content
If you have time i invite you to my Blog :-)

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog!
I am impressed
Very nice content
If you have time i invite you to my Blog :-)