Thursday, June 23, 2011

Danish Modern

I've never had Bang and Olufsen equipment here before. The company has many pieces that are part of the Museum of Modern Art Design Collection, and is one of only five companies to ever have it's own exhibition. It is so 'designed' that I imagined that audio quality wasn't the company's first priority. When new, it was so expensive that even if it sounded ok, it couldn't be competetive with less design driven brands.

I was intrigued when I had the opportunity to check out these speakers. While sceptical, I was hopeful.

I've been pleasantly surprised. These speakers sound fantastic. They are full, rich warm and detailed

The price of new Bang & Olufsen equipment is still crazy, but these vintage speakers make me really curious to hear more.

No comments: