Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday Update.

I just installed the new stylus on the Technics SL-QL1 turntable. It sounds great. The table is vey quiet. I feel like I'm getting the best sound out of vinyl that I ever have here. This is the first high quality direct drive and first ever linear tracking turntable I've owned, and I'm very, very happy.

Here's a proper picture of the Hitachi mini components I told you about yesterday:


I just finished a pair of Wharfedale Linton 3XPs. I was looking forward to hearing them, but their high end was disappointingly soft. I have recapped the crossovers (no fancy parts, just fresh ones), refinished the cabinets and they are now a very respectable pair of britsh speakers. I love the midrange drivers that look like baseballs!


I finally got around to refinishing the Pioneer HPM-100s I picked up a couple of weeks ago. They're rocking driven by the Sansui AU-9900.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: