Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thorens TD-165 with teak base.


I am learning more with each small veneer job. This went very smoothly, including removing the turntable from the plinth, and reassembling it. There was a metal strip about three quarters of the way up the front, to stop the original dustcover.I knew I wouldn't find a Thorens replacement easily, and went to one of my favourite buy/sell (not quite pawnshop) guys. He kindly sold me a clear cover and hinges from a beat up Luxman table that fits like it was made this 'table.

3 comments:

Kurt said...

Gorgeous.

marc wentzel said...

I like it too. Good job, if I didn't have a TD160 I would come by for this one. Are you doing TT mods now?

The Grub Scout said...

The only part of this i don't like is the headshell, and maybe the entire arm. Are either of those something you can change on this deck?