Saturday, October 10, 2009

Weekend Update

UPDATED: The Genesis Ones are fantastic!

I'm sorry for not posting for three days this week, and there's stuff I wanted to write about, like a digital to vinyl comparison that really surprised me (not that the vinyl won, even on my modest AR setup, but by how much).

The Szabo 833s, Advent/1s and Marantz 3200 preamp are gone. I am looking for a big full range speaker for the Sansui AU-9500. It makes every speaker I've connected to it sing, but I'd love a pair of 3 way JBLs right now (L36, L100, 4311).

The Mordaunt Short Festival 3s left today. They sounded fantastic with the muscle of the Sansui.

I'm listening to a live recording of the Oscar Peterson Trio on the Celestion Ditton 25s, and Ray Brown's bass is beautiful.

e-mail me

No comments: