Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesdsay Update

Some gear has left and I have a bit more space than I've had in a while. I have just one set of speakers connected right now, the JBL L26s and they even better than I remembered. When I first had a pair, I saw them as a stepping stone to the three way L36s. Since I've owned two pairs of L16s since (which I love!), I now see the L26s as bigger L16s, and helps me appreciate them more.

The speakers are being driven by the Sony STR-V4 (now with teak side panels), a beautiful sounding combination.

The Celestion Ditton 22s are gone, and so is the Nikko Alpha 130 power amp. I will be on the prowl for speakers and electronics in the next few days.

I haven't written about or listened to the Toshiba SB-420 integrated amp I told you about. The Alps potentiometer that it uses as a volume control is broken and can't be fixed. I have know located a broken unit with a good volume control, and will have it working soon. I will have a Marantz 2220B again soon as well. The Sansui AU-4900 sounds great except for one harsh channel in the phono section, also to be fixed.

e-mail me

No comments: