Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tuesday Update

The JBL L26s and KEF 102s both left last night. I'm sure their new owners will be very happy.

I am waiting (im)patiently to have the Sansui AU-9500 repaired, because I can't wait to hear it. Today I brought home the matching TU-9500 tuner and it's working!
Updated: This tuner sounds really good.

I took apart the AR 77XB turntable, cleaned and relubricated the bearing, cleaned the platter and redid the vinyl woodgrain plinth with real teak. It looks and sounds fantastic.

I also just brought home a british ADC 1600 DD Direct drive turntable with ALT-1 tonearm. The supplied cartridge is a dud, so I will find another and let you know what happens. The tonearm was well regarded in it's day, as was the manufacturer, so I have high expectations.
Update: With an Ortofon OM-10 ( a good match for the ALT-1 arm), this is working for me. I'll tell you more tomorrow.

e-mail me

No comments: