Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Midweek Update

The Infinity RS4000s left for provo, Utah today as planned. I can't wrap my head around paying more to ship a pair of speakers than they cost, but clearly some people can.

Using a Dremel tool for my first time, I was able to cut a new slot into the stripped faceplate screw on the Marantz 26 receiver, and remove it. I have cleaned it inside and out (the volume had been especially scratchy), and it may be the best sounding Marantz I've heard. It's definitely the cutest I've seen, and it sounds like way more than 14 watts per channel! I'll post pictures as soon as my camera batteries recharge.
Here we are:






I have a Lenco L62 turntable in house that I will tell you about as soon as I get a tracking force gauge and get it set up properly. It's a beautiful looking, well made swiss machine.

e-mail me

No comments: