Wednesday, December 24, 2008

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

It shocks me that this is my first post since last Thursday. I'm sorry so much time got away, but will do a lot of catching up in the next few days.
The little Revox Piccolo speakers left two nights ago to live with some Dynaco tube gear. I'm know they're sounding great, the buyer told me! I had a pair of Wharfedale Diamonds that left this morning, and with more power than I'd first used (the Marantz 1150 at 75 watts/channel, instead of say a Marantz 2226) they sounded better than I'd initially thought, but not close to the Cantons or Revox.
I spent a lot of time with the last pair of JBL L36s before they left, and will talk about why I still love them, why they are more difficult than L100s, and why they're worth the effort.
I will post soon about some post 2000 made speakers that are out of the seventies stereo time frame, but an eye opener for me.
Thanks to all of you who write and call. I have enjoyed meeting and talking with you, and learned (and continue to learn) more than I could imagine.
This holiday season I hope you all enjoy your favourite music with your favourite people.

No comments: