Monday, November 3, 2008

Rectilinear Research XI


I got a pair of Rectilinear Research XIs on the weekend, and they are making me very happy, using with a Sherwood S-7100 receiver that also arrived recently. I'll tell you a lot more about the Sherwood soon. The speakers are beautiful! Each has 10 inch, deep blue rubber surround (heavy) woofer, and a funky (4 inch frame) cone tweeter in a stunning wood veneer ported cabinet (with very cool molded plastic grills!).
This manufacturer is under many people's vintage radar now (the ad is from 1974, my speakers were made in 1971), but was a hotbed of talent (and probably a few egos!) in the seventies. This Wikipedia entry is very informative.






These speakers sound very nice, comparable to KLH & Advent tonally BUT with a much more kicking bass, due to the ported design (done correctly). I'll go listen some more and may have more to say, but these speakers rock sweetly!
e-mail me to arrange an audition.


No comments: